Jennifer Anderson, MSW, LCSW, BCD is an approved Vetitum Counselor for the Diocese of Fargo. She has been approved on a case by case basis for neighboring dioceses.
In some cases, even though the Tribunal has found the marriage invalid, either or both of the parties to the marriage proven null are prevented from entering another marriage in the Church until certain matters are adequately addressed. In such cases, a Vetitum or prohibition is placed on either or both parties.
If you have received a letter of nullity from your diocese in response to your annulment application, but a Vetitum has been placed on your annulment, Jennifer can provide the counseling services for you.
Here is a step by step process to follow:
- Call Redeeming Grace Counseling's office (701-353-9979) to request an assessment with Jennifer Anderson. Tell the staff that this is for a Vetitum. Provide your health insurance information as it may or may not be covered depending on if there is a diagnosis to bill to your insurance.
- Contact the tribunal office to inform them that you will be working with Jennifer for your Vetitum Counseling. They will have you complete a ROI (Release of Information) for Jennifer to discuss your case.
- Once Jennifer receives the ROI, she will arrange a meeting with the assigned tribunal staff person to obtain the areas of concern for her to focus on in the Vetitum Counseling sessions.
- Steps 1-3 need to be completed before Jennifer can see you.
- You and Jennifer will meet for the assessment which is 90 minutes long. She will then estimate how many sessions the counseling will take.
- Once the face to face sessions are completed, Jennifer will then write her report and submit the report directly to the tribunal. At this time, the writing of the report is free of charge as part of Jennifer's ministry, but it is written on her own personal time and it may take a few months. If you'd like the report expideted, you may pay her hourly rate to get it completed sooner.
- You will then receive a response from the tribunal notifying you if you are now Free to Marry.